Continual Personal Development
What is CPD?
The HCPC definition of CPD
‘‘a range of learning activities through which health professionals maintain and develop throughout their career to ensure that they retain their capacity to practice safely, effectively and legally within their evolving scope of practice”.
- Student members: There are no additional CPD requirement whilst you study towards your qualification.
- Affiliate members: 12 Hours CPD per annum for the duration of your affiliate membership + hold current first aid
- Full members: 24 hours CPD per annum for the duration of your membership + hold current first aid
- Graduate members: 24 hours CPD per annum for the duration of your membership + hold current first aid
When you apply for your renewal you are required to supply us with the following information:
- Membership number:
- Highest qualification:
- First Aid certificate expiry date:
- Statement of CPD*:
*Example Statement of CPD,
I (Peter Smith) have undertaken the following professional development in the last 12 months:
- attended Kinesiology taping course 7 hours
- attended Business Networking event 2 hours
- researched pain science by reading journals, social media articles and textbooks 4 hours
- participated in an online discussion forum with fellow professionals investigating evidence based practices 4 hours
- attended Elite Expo, Elevate Expo and Therapy Expo, Total 18 hours.