Membership Category Criteria
Certain qualifications, advertised as meeting National Occupational Standards do not meet our stringent membership criteria, however to enable you to benefit from our affiliate member scheme, we will work with you to provide the necessary support to identify a progression route to full membership.
We reserve the right to refuse membership applications from holders of certain qualifications unless accompanied by details of external assessment and verification procedures. This will be requested on receipt of individual application.
- Student; Currently studying on any qualification listed below (not available if you have an existing practitioner qualification)
The following membership categories also require evidence of a current first aid qualification that is HSE compliant and includes a CPR element, if you work pitch-side it is advisable to have a specific pitch-side trauma qualification
- Affiliate; Level 3 Sports Massage Therapy
- Full; Level 4 Sports Massage Therapy, Level 4/5 Sports and Remedial Massage Therapy, HND Sports Therapy
- Graduate; FdSc, BSc or MSc Sports Therapy, Sports Rehab, post graduate Sports Physiotherapy.
Unfortunately Sports Therapy Association do not accept qualifications issued by Stonebridge Associated Colleges, Distance Learning Academy, Open Study College, BSY Group, NCFE or ABC awards and Active Health Awards.
Sports Therapy Association does not recognise Level 6 Diplomas or Master Diplomas that do not appear on a qualifications framework for any membership category.
Membership the Sports Therapy Association is based on the industry agreed National Occupational Standards (NOS)
- Being part of the largest growing Sports Therapy network in the UK
- Being part of a not for profit Sports Therapy Professional Association ensuring only members benefit from your fees
- Keep ahead of the field with leading edge STA conferences and workshops
- A subscription to regular STA newsletters
- Receive up-to-date sport and exercise related news and information, plus information on regular job vacancies via the e-mail newsletter
- Accessing the Member Area of the website, this contains exclusive member discounts and offers.
- Benefit from Regional Representation and local points of contact.
- Regular member’s competitions and prizes.